Progressivism as a movement was the goal of Theodore Roosevelt and his party in the early 1900s. In the US, it caused many states to introduce into their state constitutions more democratic rights and policies.
This included the ability to confirm and create law through referendums to require approval of voters, initiatives wherein citizens create law, recall where elected officials can be removed from office, and the election of U.S. Senators by popular vote instead of being appointed by legislatures.
For the purposes of this blog, it will refer to that populist movement rather than some esoteric subjective criteria.
Capitalism is the private ownership of property in general and the means of production more particularly.
Since many of the terms such as conservative, liberal, democratic, and republican are muddied and subjective in a party system, the pragmatic basis of thought here had to be well defined.
This blog is not confined to the realm of politics or economics, but that perspective should be revealed. There is no such thing as an unbiased perspective when it comes to individuals. Whether it is fair or ethical to claim to be unbiased is up to the reader, as always.
Freedom of the press is important in a democracy in that it allows the presentation of all ideas to be weighed by the members of that democracy. Freedom of the press, in a capitalist society, is limited to those who own a press.
The Net has provided a means of production for the press to everyone with a computer and access to that democracy that is by no means exclusive. It is the ultimate democratic tool.
Theodore Roosevelt's Progressivism has been used in the States for 90 years. It is the process of recall of Representatives that fail to represent, referendums that could force a vote on deficits and the debt ceiling, initiatives that could allow citizens to petition for change, and popular votes on executive officials that are, at present, appointed by the President and approved by the Senate.
We have tried to make the government smaller. The Senators and Representatives have gone against the consent of the governed.
While I believe the Repubican Party represents those values and is the best vehicle for instituting that form of government, the "consent of the governed," has been the goal of this nation since the Declaration of Independence. The Democrats are DINO sores on the Constitution. They are Democratic-In-Name-Only.
It is no longer the 18th century when information traveled at the speed of horses and over half the nation was illiterate. We are ready for the true democracy of self governance.
- ► 2010 (18)
- 111TH CONGRESS 1ST SESSION H. J. RES. 1 Proposing ...
- Newt Gingrich Analysis of "Obama's" Big Government...
- Republican Leader Steele Putting Republicans on 12...
- Initiative and Freemarket Capitalism Stumped
- Oklahoma Bills to Make Initiative Qualification Ea...
- Legislators Considering Whether to Put Bills Direc...
- "The trouble with socialism is that you eventually...
- Pelosi Is In Behind Her Puppet President with $420...
- Award for Guerilla Warfare to Sarah Palin
- How the US Spends More And Taxes Less
- All Choaked Up After Pelosi's Puppet Speaks
- RINO Hunters
- Now Stay With That 401(k)
- Ranking Member of House Ways & Means Hoping for a ...
- Pelosi pushes budget austerity: When is that 787 g...
- News - Walden vows to help implement stimulus
- COMMENTARY: ARRA or Stimulus? Oregon as an Example...
- NewsBusted 2/20/09:Congress, Amy Sullivan, Diane F...
- Stimulus Package and Religious Freedom
- Commentary: Who Is Really In Control?
- $75 Billion: Obama Homeowner Affordability and Sta...
- National Ponzi Scheme - Recovery.Gov - ARRA - Stim...
- The Natives Are Restless
- The Error In ARRA
- Humor on Stimulus Package, Bipartasan, Obama: The ...
- Looking Forward To Change
- Conflicts Between Economy and Energy Can Obama ba...
- The Blame Game: GOP Is Guilty
- The Have Less Versus the Have More
- The Progressive Capitalist
- ▼ February (30)
Republican Leaders in the Senate & House
Senator/ Republican Leader Mitch McConnell's official YouTube channel http://mcconnell.senate.gov The official YouTube channel of Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell http://mcconnell.senate.gov/ http://www.youtube.com/user/RepublicanLeader
Senator Jim DeMint's Official YouTube Account Following the November elections in 2006, the senator stood up against big spenders in Congress and stopped over 10,000 wasteful pork projects. Famed Washington journalist Robert Novak called him a "hero."He was recently ranked as the Senate's most conservative member by National Journal and as the No. 1 senator voting for responsible tax and spending policies by the National Taxpayers Union. DeMint understands the greatness of a country is found in its people and values, not in its government http://www.youtube.com/user/SenJimDeMint
Republican Leader of the House, John Boehner House Republican Leader and a staunch opponent of pork-barrel politics, John is fighting to eliminate wasteful spending, create jobs, and balance the federal budget without raising taxes. He has challenged Republicans in the 111th Congress to be not just the party of “opposition,” but the party of better solutions to the challenges facing the American people. Under the new House GOP leadership team John leads, House Republicans have formed “solutions groups” to develop principled alternatives on the issues that matter most to American families and small businesses, and launched the GOP State Solutions project, an initiative aimed at bringing reform-minded Republicans at the state and federal levels together to promote common-sense solutions from outside the Beltway.
"Gone" Barack Obama
Barack Obama Countdown widget brought
to you by www.obamacountdownwidget.com
to you by www.obamacountdownwidget.com