It does not matter how the Stimulus Plan turns out for some because if it fails or aggravates the economy they already claim, "If the stimulus plan doesn't work, it won't be because it wasn't bipartisan -- it will be because it's not big and bold enough."
Experience has shown the public does not work that way. Those with a vested interest in their party act as if by mere election and the passing of bills that change has been made. If change is not seen immediately, the public starts digging in and disapproves of all the usual suspects, starting with the President and Congress.
This is one of the problems with a two party system. A progressive government has referendums for a vote. Without that input the public is alienated by not being included. Public confidence needs to be high to recover. People have more confidence if they have already invested their vote on an issue personally.
The housing market did not crash in 2008. It crashed in the third quarter of 2007. The stock market did not crash in 2007. It took its first tailspin the day President Bush made reference to the housing market and started talking about a recession. The public is always at the ready to believe bad news.
Following that was a downturn in consumer goods. Following that was a downturn in employment. This is a spiral caused by a crisis of confidence most of all.
Normally, when a market makes a downturn on its own, normally precious metals like gold and commodities like oil take a giant hike. This is more like the Depression where commodities took a dive.
- ► 2010 (18)
- 111TH CONGRESS 1ST SESSION H. J. RES. 1 Proposing ...
- Newt Gingrich Analysis of "Obama's" Big Government...
- Republican Leader Steele Putting Republicans on 12...
- Initiative and Freemarket Capitalism Stumped
- Oklahoma Bills to Make Initiative Qualification Ea...
- Legislators Considering Whether to Put Bills Direc...
- "The trouble with socialism is that you eventually...
- Pelosi Is In Behind Her Puppet President with $420...
- Award for Guerilla Warfare to Sarah Palin
- How the US Spends More And Taxes Less
- All Choaked Up After Pelosi's Puppet Speaks
- RINO Hunters
- Now Stay With That 401(k)
- Ranking Member of House Ways & Means Hoping for a ...
- Pelosi pushes budget austerity: When is that 787 g...
- News - Walden vows to help implement stimulus
- COMMENTARY: ARRA or Stimulus? Oregon as an Example...
- NewsBusted 2/20/09:Congress, Amy Sullivan, Diane F...
- Stimulus Package and Religious Freedom
- Commentary: Who Is Really In Control?
- $75 Billion: Obama Homeowner Affordability and Sta...
- National Ponzi Scheme - Recovery.Gov - ARRA - Stim...
- The Natives Are Restless
- The Error In ARRA
- Humor on Stimulus Package, Bipartasan, Obama: The ...
- Looking Forward To Change
- Conflicts Between Economy and Energy Can Obama ba...
- The Blame Game: GOP Is Guilty
- The Have Less Versus the Have More
- The Progressive Capitalist
- ▼ February (30)
Republican Leaders in the Senate & House
Senator/ Republican Leader Mitch McConnell's official YouTube channel http://mcconnell.senate.gov The official YouTube channel of Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell http://mcconnell.senate.gov/ http://www.youtube.com/user/RepublicanLeader
Senator Jim DeMint's Official YouTube Account Following the November elections in 2006, the senator stood up against big spenders in Congress and stopped over 10,000 wasteful pork projects. Famed Washington journalist Robert Novak called him a "hero."He was recently ranked as the Senate's most conservative member by National Journal and as the No. 1 senator voting for responsible tax and spending policies by the National Taxpayers Union. DeMint understands the greatness of a country is found in its people and values, not in its government http://www.youtube.com/user/SenJimDeMint
Republican Leader of the House, John Boehner House Republican Leader and a staunch opponent of pork-barrel politics, John is fighting to eliminate wasteful spending, create jobs, and balance the federal budget without raising taxes. He has challenged Republicans in the 111th Congress to be not just the party of “opposition,” but the party of better solutions to the challenges facing the American people. Under the new House GOP leadership team John leads, House Republicans have formed “solutions groups” to develop principled alternatives on the issues that matter most to American families and small businesses, and launched the GOP State Solutions project, an initiative aimed at bringing reform-minded Republicans at the state and federal levels together to promote common-sense solutions from outside the Beltway.
"Gone" Barack Obama
Barack Obama Countdown widget brought
to you by www.obamacountdownwidget.com
to you by www.obamacountdownwidget.com