Conflicts Between Economy and Energy
Can Obama balance the budget between Economics and Energy? Will Obama make compromises between foreign policy and commitments to renewable resources?
When the oil prices were high, it made production more feasible in the US in places where drilling costs more. Since the cost of oil decreased several US drilling rigs were moved and crews were cut back.
This decrease in price also caused an economic pinch in the Middle East nations around the Persian Gulf. If the market is unbalanced, yes we will take measures to balance the market,OPEC’s Abdullah al-Badri said. “We will do anything we can to balance the market. After February 15-16 when we will have all the information, we will decide,” he said.
While there has been some talk of President Obama loosening restrictions on the filing of environmental impact statements in order to speed up the use of the $819 billion bailout money, there is no loosening in issuing permits for coal fired plants. Coal fired energy plants do keep down US use of petroleum, which President Obama vowed to decrease.
He claimed in a Lansing, Michigan campaign speech he would eliminate dependence on oil in the Middle East in ten years. In addition, he said he would create five million new jobs by that trategically investing of $150 billion over the next ten years to catalyze private efforts to build a clean energy future. Any increase in economic activity is going to require more energy.
If the US will spend less on oil or try to limit US dependence by taxing foreign oil, OPEC is going to increase the cost of oil until they get back to their original revenues for oil. Any savings with alternative energy will still be passed onto OPEC. OPEC's position is they are more than willing to charge the US more and send less oil.
- ► 2010 (18)
- 111TH CONGRESS 1ST SESSION H. J. RES. 1 Proposing ...
- Newt Gingrich Analysis of "Obama's" Big Government...
- Republican Leader Steele Putting Republicans on 12...
- Initiative and Freemarket Capitalism Stumped
- Oklahoma Bills to Make Initiative Qualification Ea...
- Legislators Considering Whether to Put Bills Direc...
- "The trouble with socialism is that you eventually...
- Pelosi Is In Behind Her Puppet President with $420...
- Award for Guerilla Warfare to Sarah Palin
- How the US Spends More And Taxes Less
- All Choaked Up After Pelosi's Puppet Speaks
- RINO Hunters
- Now Stay With That 401(k)
- Ranking Member of House Ways & Means Hoping for a ...
- Pelosi pushes budget austerity: When is that 787 g...
- News - Walden vows to help implement stimulus
- COMMENTARY: ARRA or Stimulus? Oregon as an Example...
- NewsBusted 2/20/09:Congress, Amy Sullivan, Diane F...
- Stimulus Package and Religious Freedom
- Commentary: Who Is Really In Control?
- $75 Billion: Obama Homeowner Affordability and Sta...
- National Ponzi Scheme - Recovery.Gov - ARRA - Stim...
- The Natives Are Restless
- The Error In ARRA
- Humor on Stimulus Package, Bipartasan, Obama: The ...
- Looking Forward To Change
- Conflicts Between Economy and Energy Can Obama ba...
- The Blame Game: GOP Is Guilty
- The Have Less Versus the Have More
- The Progressive Capitalist
- ▼ February (30)
Republican Leaders in the Senate & House
Senator/ Republican Leader Mitch McConnell's official YouTube channel http://mcconnell.senate.gov The official YouTube channel of Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell http://mcconnell.senate.gov/ http://www.youtube.com/user/RepublicanLeader
Senator Jim DeMint's Official YouTube Account Following the November elections in 2006, the senator stood up against big spenders in Congress and stopped over 10,000 wasteful pork projects. Famed Washington journalist Robert Novak called him a "hero."He was recently ranked as the Senate's most conservative member by National Journal and as the No. 1 senator voting for responsible tax and spending policies by the National Taxpayers Union. DeMint understands the greatness of a country is found in its people and values, not in its government http://www.youtube.com/user/SenJimDeMint
Republican Leader of the House, John Boehner House Republican Leader and a staunch opponent of pork-barrel politics, John is fighting to eliminate wasteful spending, create jobs, and balance the federal budget without raising taxes. He has challenged Republicans in the 111th Congress to be not just the party of “opposition,” but the party of better solutions to the challenges facing the American people. Under the new House GOP leadership team John leads, House Republicans have formed “solutions groups” to develop principled alternatives on the issues that matter most to American families and small businesses, and launched the GOP State Solutions project, an initiative aimed at bringing reform-minded Republicans at the state and federal levels together to promote common-sense solutions from outside the Beltway.
"Gone" Barack Obama
Barack Obama Countdown widget brought
to you by www.obamacountdownwidget.com
to you by www.obamacountdownwidget.com